Problems with public access

Werner Hans HW (3815) werner at melmak.ffab.tide.ti.com
Tue May 5 12:15:19 GMT 1998

I have samba-1.9.18p4 on solaris 2.5.1.

The smb.conf looks like:

[global]
   workgroup = AUTOMATION
   log file = /var/adm/samba.log
   lock directory = /var/tmp
   share modes = yes
   security = SERVER
   password server = DEUS10

. . .

[web-pub]
   comment = Public WEB Data for MS
   path = /opt/www/public/internal/projects
   public = yes
   guest account = nobody
   writable = no
   printable = no

This configuration works fine for services with specific user
access, the password verification is ok.
But for the service [web-pub] I get only access with a valid user-logon,
and not as it should be without user/password validation.

What is wrong ?

Thanks,
Werner

         | Werner Hans                         Wafer FAB Automation   |
       _ | Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH  Systems Administration |
      / )| Haggertystrasse 1                   Tel: +49 08161 80-3815 |( \
     / / | D-85350 Freising                    Fax: +49 08161 80-3350 | \ \
   _( (_ |  _                                  email: whans at ti.com _  | _) )_