strange DOS client behaviour

Mick Haigh mhaigh at village.vut.edu.au
Tue May 5 11:24:10 GMT 1998

Hiya Everyone

I'm having a lot of trouble with the MS TCPIP client for DOS and Samba
(all versions) running on Linux v2.1.9[789].  I think this is more of a
kernel problem than a Samba problem, but better to cover all bases.

When running any kernel up to 2.1.85, the DOS client runs at a sensible
speed reading off a Samba shared drive, however from 2.1.97 onwards (I
didn't run anything in between) everything runs REALLY slowly.  I have
no real idea why and would appreciate any comments.

Thanks
Mick