NT40 + win95 client for samba

mustafa kabakcioglu mkabakci at prizma.net.tr
Wed May 6 04:54:47 GMT 1998

Dear friends,

I installed samba for LINUX and SINIX witout having problem.
I made all diagnose test from docs. Everything is ok.
I can see Samba servers on clients but when I want to login
\\servername\IPC$ appears on the screen and asks for a password.
I did not figure out what is password. Pelease help me.

# ./smbclient -L makro
Added interface ip=89.89.89.102 bcast=89.255.255.255 nmask=255.0.0.0
Server time is Tue May  5 09:47:23 1998
Timezone is UTC+2.0
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 1.9.17p2]

Server=[MAKRO] User=[root] Workgroup=[WORKGROUP] Domain=[WORKGROUP]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        myshare        Disk      Mary's and Fred's stuff

This machine has a browse list:

        Server               Comment
        MAKRO                Samba Server