Linux passwd authentication through NT

Jan Vicherek honza at ied.com
Sun May 3 08:26:41 GMT 1998

 Hello,

   I would like to authenticate Linux' logins by asking a local NT server
whether the supplied login id and the corresponding password match.

   Is there a way to do this ?

   I.e. is there a PAM module or any other utility that would allow me to
do this from a script ? (i.e. a script like
 $ correct_NT_passwd _supplied_username_ _supplied_passwd_
 that would return 0 if they match and 1 if they don't ?)

PS : I *am* aware of potential security problems. But I want to do this
anyway.

       Thanx,

          Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
Jan Vicherek ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##  www.ied.com/~honza
Interactive Electronic Design Inc.    -#-    PGP: finger honza at ied.com