changing password from win95 fail

Robert Koruna robert.koruna at tiwag.co.at
Tue Mar 31 12:19:32 GMT 1998

Hello,

now I've set up a linux samba password server using Samba 1.9.18p4 on
a linux 2.0.33.
File and password serving works ok now, but I can't change my
passwords with any Win95 utility.
Samba always tells me "Wrong password" an d in the logs it says:
"Disallowing access to user due to null password
check_lanman:password: old password doesn't match"

But I know that it is the right password. I just retyped it several
times seconds before I tried it again.

I compiled Samba on Linux using all of the following flags.
-DREPLACE_GETPASS
-DSMBGETPASS
-DALLOW_CHANGE_PASSWORD
-DSHADOW_PWD
-DQUOTAS
-DFAST_SHARE_MODE

The server is running security = user using encrypted passwords out
of a smbpasswd file.

Please help

Thanks a lot,

Robert