Anyone using SCO 3.2v4.2 with Samba 1.9.18p3??

Tom Pinkl tom at hbsrx.com
Mon Mar 30 16:16:37 GMT 1998

Kevin W. Reed <soldo at telesys.tnet.com> wrote:

> SCO Unix 3.2v4.2
> Samba 1.9.18p3
>
> Problem with I_STR/SIOCGIFCONF
>
> I haven't a clue what is wrong here...
>
> We compiled samba 1.9.18p3 using GCC and everything is working pretty
> much okay.  However, when we start the nmbd server we get an error
> message:

[snip]
> > I_STR/SIOCGIFCONF: Invalid argument           <<<<<<<<=======ERROR IS HERE
>
> This SCO platform has all the relevent patches installed (that I know about)
> but apparently there is a problem with this type of call or it is formatted
> incorrectly.
>
> Looking at the source code, it looks like:
>
> [interfaces.c]

[snip]

> My guess is that it isn't being passed the correct information... There
> is an SCO5 section in the source file too, but this is not an SCO5 platform.
>
> If you are using SCO 3.2v4.2 with this version of Samba, please let me
> know how you got around this.... Thanks...

I'm running SCO 3.2v4.2 with the prior version of Samba (1.9.18p2).
I saw this error when running smbclient.

I sent a note regarding this issue to samba-bugs back when 1.9.18p1
came out.  I don't know what the "proper" fix would be, but I
commented out the "#define USE_IFREQ" at approximately line 734 of
includes.h.  When the code is recompiled, the correct code block
within interfaces.c will be selected for SCO 3.2v4.2.

Hope this helps.
--
Thomas J. Pinkl                         738 Louis Drive
Unix Systems Programmer                 Warminster, Pa 18974