Am I crazy or ???

pcdr at pcdr.com pcdr at pcdr.com
Mon Mar 30 13:48:24 GMT 1998

Hello,

It seems since 1.9.18p* I have to restart samba in order to recognize
newly added (UNIX) users. Didn't earlier versions dynamically recognize
new entry's in /etc/passwd?

I am not a real programmer (I have been known to "uncomment" #include
statements, if you catch my drift ;) or I would poke around for myself and
see what's up!

Can anybody help me solve this mystery?

Andy McRory

-
The PC Doctor - pcdr at pcdr.com         **** LiNUX Systems Engineers ****
3009-C West Tharpe St.                *      Network  Integrators     *
Tallahassee, Florida 32303            * Custom Servers & Workstations *
Ph 850.575.7213 Fx 850.575.2901       *** Full  Service and Support ***