Too many open files in system?

Brian Hall brihall at pcisys.net
Sat Mar 28 03:30:14 GMT 1998

Okay, I found a SRPM of samba-1.9.18p3-51 which included smbmount. I did a rpm
--rebuild on it on my RH5 PC. Now, apparently I can mount Win95 shares with:
smbmount "\\\daisy\c" -c 'mount /daisy' -N

This appears to work, but I get an error about not having enough backslashes if
I use less than three. When I try to look into the now "mounted" filesystem
with ls, I get 'Too many open files in system". I tried setting oplocks = False
in smb.conf and restarting, but that didn't help. Below is my smb.conf. I can
access my Linux shares just fine from Win95 Network Neighborhood.

#======================= Global Settings =====================================
[global]

oplocks = False

   workgroup = MYGROUP