Samba and Subnets

Siscu Torrents stginf at cid.csic.es
Fri Mar 27 20:08:44 GMT 1998

Hi,

I'm trying to use samba from PCs with Windows 95 in a different
subnet from where Samba server resides. I've read the Browsing
document in the doc directory from the Samba distribution ,
the digest archives and the examples in Samba distribution
but i don't know understand some things. So i would like to
ask you some questions.

If i have:

		------------------------- Subnet A
			  || Bridge
		------------------------- Subnet B

		    SAMBA SERVER

1) Windows95 machines from the subnet A can see Windows95
machines from subnet B. Samba server is the only machine
in Subnet B that PCs in Subnet A can't see. Is it normal that
same machines can't see Samba server when the same machines
can see other PCs in the same subnet that Samba ? Why ?

2) Is it possible to get a solution to my problem neither
installing a Samba Server nor NT server in subnet A ? In
subnet A there are only some Windows 95 pcs that are impredecible
if they'll be working or not.

3) I don't think that solution is installing WINS servers
because the only one machine that should register in it will
be Samba server. Is this correct ?

Any help will be greatefully received !
Thank you very much in advance !
							Siscu