CD Jukebox w/Samba

Sean E. Millichamp sean at compu-aid.com
Thu Mar 26 17:02:51 GMT 1998

[Sorry, this may be a bit off topic but I thought it was the best (only)
place I knew of to ask.]

I was wondering if anyone has experience setting Samba up with a CD
Jukebox under Linux.  Any comments on the experience? (the good, bad, and
the ugly)  I haven't figured out how I will handle the exchange of disks
yet but I figure either using the pre/post exec options in Samba or a
web-based changer control (or some combination of both) would do the
trick.

I have yet to pick the Jukebox hardware that will be used (mostly because
I can't find any that I'm sure will run with Linux) so any suggestions in
that realm would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best,
Sean