Connection Problems

Paul Crittenden crittend at storm.simpson.edu
Tue Mar 24 19:18:36 GMT 1998

I am having problems with Samba.  Things have been working I think but
they aren't now.  We have 2 class C addresses, one doesn't seem to be
having as many problems as the other.  When folks on the 207 side try
to connect to Samba shares they can usually but right now are failing
and getting a network busy error.

The file called log. which appears to be a system log file for samba
says:

03/24/98 12:17:12 changed root to /
priming nmbd
sending a packet of len 1 to (127.0.0.1) on port 137 of type DGRAM
Gethostbyaddr failed for 207.32.33.xxx
03/24/98 12:17:12 Transaction 0 of length 72
netbios connect: name1=MAPLE            name2=GW2KxxxA

In the log log.GW2KxxxA says it is trying to connect at the time.
Previously a reboot fixed this problem at least temporarily but not this time.

Anyone have any ideas where to look?