Browsing across subnets

Bob Rohde br at radmin.rad.bgsm.edu
Mon Mar 23 20:21:15 GMT 1998

I would like to know how to view a samba server on a different subnet than
the client workstation resides. For example, I have a Samba 1.9.18p3 server
in subnet 'a' and a NT 4.0 client in subnet 'b'. The Samba server does not
show up when the NT client double-clicks on the Network Neighborhood.
However, if the client does a Find:computer it will find the server, and
shares can be mounted. I've tried adding to the smb.conf "allow hosts=",
"remote announce=" and "interfaces=" in the global section but it hasn't
helped. I apologize for bringing up a subject that I'm sure has been covered
somewhere before, but I'm just plain stumped and could use some help.

Thanks,

Bob Rohde