Unknown Parameter: domain sid?

Workstation Maintenance winadmin at osd.fau.edu
Fri Mar 20 16:25:37 GMT 1998

Hello,

   I am running samba 1.9.18p3 on Slackware Linux 3.2.  I am trying to
have samba act as a PDC for NT Workstation 4.0 - I have read the text
files in the docs subdirectory of the source many times, and can not
figure out what has went wrong with the following:
Doing testparm I get a message that "domain sid" is an unknown parameter.
The only thing I can think of is possibly incorrect compilation (I added
-DNTDOMAIN in two places in the Makefile because I was honestly not sure
where it should go - I put it in the "flags1=" and "flagsm=" lines).

I greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone has, including where progress
of samba's NT Domain support could be found (I have searched the samba web
site and files included with it's source).

Ivan Fetch