Problems with Samba and the Network Neighborhood

Martin Mielke martin at jaleo.idecnet.com
Wed Mar 11 23:05:13 GMT 1998

Dear all,

I have installed/upgraded to Samba 1.9.18p3 from scratch under SGI's
IRIX 6.4. Everything is fine, I've run the tests described in
DIAGNOSIS.txt without problems; I can even run the proposed command "net
use x: \\BIGSERVER\TMP" and I can access X: on the Win95 box without
problems at all.

The problem arises when I try to browse using the "Network Neighborhood"
icon: there's no way to see any of the Samba server/s (we actually have
3 of them running) on that window.

Any ideas??

TIA,

M at rtin