NetBench fails when using oplocks

Nigel Williams nigel.williams at nomura.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 14:00:08 GMT 1998

We have been trying to get performance results for Samba using NetBench.

When oplocks were not enabled the performance was poor.  The throughput
was approx 70% of that of a pc based NFS client.
When oplocks were enabled the test failed to complete.

The version of Samba was 1.9.18p2
The server was a sparc station 20.

The version of NetBench we were using is 5.01
The test was the default test (using the disk mix suite)
The number of clients was 2.

Nigel Williams.

--
The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of
Nomura International plc and cannot be relied upon by any other party.