Printer Configuration

Auteria Wally Winzer Jr. wally.winzer at ChampUSA.COM
Tue Mar 10 06:14:14 GMT 1998

Hello to everyone;

I'm new to the list. so please bear with me if this question has been asked
many times.  I'm having problems configuring the printer setup.  I did
compile the latest version of samba, but I could not find any documentation
on setting up the printer other than the info within smb.conf manpage.
I'm running Solaris 2.5.1 (fully patched) on a E3000.  There's an OKI
printer configured and running.  Here's the output of "lpstat -t":

1 wwinzer at Sun-E3000:~ ==> lpstat -t
scheduler is running
system default destination: okips1
device for okips1: /dev/okips1
okips1 accepting requests since Wed Sep  3 21:08:28 PDT 1997
printer okips1 is idle. enabled since Wed Sep  3 21:08:28 PDT 1997. available.

I've configured samba by using the default directory "/usr/local/samba".
What I've found out so far is setting up a "printcap" file BSD style.
With the print setup above what would the printcap look like?  Does it
have to be under "/etc", or can I place the printcap file in a different
location
and specify it within the smb.conf file?

Besides the printcap file is there another print file that needs to be setup?

These are the only issues I have.  I understand everything else and have no
other problems configuring samba.

Anyone's help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

- Wally Winzer Jr.