Why can't I print?

Ed Weinberg edw at detel.com
Sat Mar 7 03:28:21 GMT 1998

Greetings all!

I am trying to get smb printing working on a RH 5 Linux System.
I hope that any win95 machine can print to the network printer which
the
linux system is configured to print through.

You can see my smb.conf at http://www.qletter.com/smb.txt (anything
wrong?).

The printer is a network printer on a DPI box.
The guest user (nosam) can print to the printer when logged on from
the
Linux console.
I hope I have it set so that users who print are "guest".

I can see the printer on the linux machine from win95 explorer.
I set it up as a printer from that win95 machine by browsing to the
linux
machine, so I know that the printer and host are spelled correctly.

When I try to print, it says that it cannot find the name on the
network.  I
am not sure if it is talking about the host or the printer.

I have set up the Print Command to print to a file, and I get the same
error.

I have read the docs.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.