Problems with DOS Clients

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Mar 5 21:17:07 GMT 1998

> I've got several Win95 & WinNT machines accessing Samba 1.9.17p2 on
> Linux.  When I try to add a DOS machine, it does not see Samba and does
> not connect to it.  I can connect it to a Windows machine and get
> files.  I am not using DHCP and I'm using msclient 3.0.  Is there
> something specifically I'm doing wrong?

Are you using the full network redirector on the DOS client?  If not
serch the digest archives.  One person reported that he had to use the
full network redirector to access samba shares.

Hope this helps.
j-

                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )