Printing Questions

Brett Worth brett at select.com.au
Wed Mar 4 23:06:30 GMT 1998

> If I set up the 'print command = /usr/bin/lp -P%p %s',
> and 'path = /tmp', then I can only print the file
> to /tmp directory, however if I didn't set up
> the 'print command' the everhthing will be fine.

I think you might be mixing BSD and SYSV options.  The lp command
uses the -d not -P.

> I am just a little bit wondering how does the
> samba know which command to use for the printing
> if I didn't set up the 'print command' ?

Use the "printing = sysv" directive.  This should make Samba do the
lp command correctly.

> Siwei Zhang

Brett

 `----. ------ |    ------ |       |     COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
 Brett Worth - Ph: +61 6 241 5633  Fx: 241 3733 - Canberra Australia