SUMMARY:Encrypt Passwords with no user entry

Tim Winders twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us
Tue Mar 3 19:39:38 GMT 1998

I had asked last week what would happen if I enabled the 'encrypt
passwords = yes' option but didn't have a user entry in the smbpasswd
file.  The general concensus would be that the user would not be
connected.  Luke said he THOUGHT it might depend on the GUEST_SESSETUP
value in the local.h include file, but he wasn't sure.

It looks like Luke was correct.  I had already changed that value to 2 for
other reasons and it looks like this will let people not having an entry
in the smbpasswd database logon to the machine as guest.

So, there you have it...

|  Tim Winders, CNE              |  Email:  twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |