Nmbd/Smbd log messages

Armstrong, Scott armstron at nvl.army.mil
Tue Mar 3 10:27:27 GMT 1998

Is there any way to prevent nmbd and smbd from sending their messages to
the console? Information about browse packets and non-existenet services
has been showing up on the server console and we'd like them quietly
logged to the nmbd and smbd logs, exclusively. I've tried altering
inetd.conf to redirect stdout and stderror to /dev/null for both, but it
has had no effect.

Thanks!

Scott

Scott Armstrong                    In the days before volcanoes
Department of the Army             were invented, lava had to be
Night Vision and Electronic        hand carried down from the
Sensors                            mountain and poured on the
AMSEL-RD-NV-SSA-NS                 sleeping villagers.
10221 Burbeck Road                 This took a great deal of
Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060-5806         time.
armstron at NVL.ARMY.MIL
Voice (703) 704-1764
Fax   (703) 704-1953

 <<Scott Armstrong.vcf>>