NT Crashes when doing large network file Xfers (3c595)

Rick Flower Rick.Flower at trw.com
Tue Jun 30 21:14:30 GMT 1998

Hmm.. I guess if you want a 100Base-T network card AND
Windows NT on a fast computer (however you define that!),
you should stay away from the 3com 3c595 network card.

I did just check on the NT Hardware Compatibility List (HCL)
and found the following link indicating that this particular
network card would not work properly on fast Pentium/Pentium
Pro computers :

http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/hwtest/nDetail.idc?CN=3Com&DT=Network%2FLAN&D
N=3C595-TX+Faster+Etherlink+PCI&DB=PCI&SP=COMPATIBLE&x=11&y=10