NT crashes during smbtar

Rick Flower Rick.Flower at trw.com
Mon Jun 29 15:37:41 GMT 1998

David,

You are not the only one that sees this problem.. I posted another message
about this approx. 1 month ago (or less).  We see it here frequently using
Samba in conjunction with Amanda.  All of our machines are NT 4.0 with SP3
(or in some cases SP2).  Everything you say it true -- no networking layer.
I've talked to one other individual that saw this problem.  I suspect that
if and
when more people start seeing this problem, then and only then will it get
addressed...  For now, nobody appears to be too interested in finding out
WHY it happens..  Like I wrote in my last message, I had some idiot reply
to my initial message saying that it must be NT's fault!  Yeah right!

-- Rick