DOS Shortcuts in NT

Murray Barrett murrayb at ca.ibm.com
Tue Jun 23 17:42:37 GMT 1998

I've had a similar problem when trying to run a self extracting zip file from a
path containing a non-8.3 element.  It says "The system cannot execute the
specified program."  I have not tried it from 95 so I don't know if it is only
a problem on NT.  I do know that it is only a problem through Samba as it works
fine when using either an NT share or a DFS share.  The way around this is to
specify the mangled version of the non-8.3 element in the path.  At least it
works in my case.

Murray R. Barrett, IBM Toronto Lab, Development Distributed Services
Phone: (416) 448-6054  -  Tieline: 778-6054
Lotus Notes mail: Murray Barrett/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA
IBM internal: murrayb at ibmca  -  Internet: murrayb at ca.ibm.com