samba and clearcase (PR#7829)

Van Liedekerke Franky franky.vanliedekerke at mcd.alcatel.be
Tue Jun 23 07:30:32 GMT 1998

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for the tip but ...(there's always a but)
if I do this (increase MAX_OPEN_FILES to 1024), I get an error in
log.smb:
Can't create or use IPC area. Error was File exists

I'm using FAST_SHARE_MODES to compile samba. Does this take up too much
space or is there something else wrong?

Bye,

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> franky.vanliedekerke at mcd.alcatel.be wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > does anybody have any suggestions about options to put on/off when
> > using clearcase on NT clinets with VOBs on samba drives?
> > We're experiencing problems when trying to make a build on NT: it
> > complains it can't find some files, but if we do it again it works fine.
> > Also in the evening we're experiencing less problems. Maybe due to lower
> > network traffic?
> >
> > --
> Franky,
>
>         Try increasing the MAX_OPEN_FILES parameter
> in Samba (increase it *a lot*). Other users have
> reported this can help with Clearcase problems.
>
> Regards,
>
>         Jeremy Allison,
>         Samba Team.
>
> --
> Buying an operating system without source is like buying
> a self-assembly Space Shuttle with no instructions.

Franky Van Liedekerke,
BSC System Support
Webmaster
Dep.: VA94