Samba server taking HOURS to become visible.

Steven Bolbot sjb at tne.net.au
Fri Jun 19 11:31:44 GMT 1998

Hi
I have a network with a Win98 PC, a Win95OSR2 PC, and a Redhat 5.0 PC
running Samba. I have noticed that the Samba server does not become visible
in the Network Neighbourhood for a few HOURS after smbd and nmbd are
started. Can anyone offer a possible explanation as to what's going on?
The samba server is set to be the domain and local master.
Thanks in advance,
Steven Bolbot

--

General: Let's assume that Holland attacks NATO...
Captain: I think Holland is part of NATO.

                                                    - Scott Adams