magic-script fine, but how

Christoph Müller mueller-dlg at t-online.de
Mon Jun 15 15:13:02 GMT 1998

Hi all,

I want to start a linux-script on a samba-networkserver from a win95-client.
I was kindly advised, to use the parameter magic script in smb.conf.
The listing below shows a share-section of my smb.conf. I tried the same
parameters in the global section as well.

When I open the file:
  magic script = /usr/local/samba/netzwerk/magic-linux/script
and type:
 /usr/local/bin/transmail
from a word editor under Win95, with no return followed, I can find the file
under linux, I can execute it, which shows that there is no syntax problem,
but it doesn't work the way it should, means it doesn't start by itself.

[netzwerk]
  comment = Netzwerk Hauptverzeichnis
  path = /usr/local/samba/netzwerk
  read only = no
  locking = yes
  public = yes
  writeable = yes
  magic script = /usr/local/samba/netzwerk/magic-linux/script
  magic output = /usr/local/samba/netzwerk/magic-linux/out.txt

The directory is read/writeable to anyone.

Can anybody tell me what I did wrong.

Thanks,

Christoph Mueller
mueller-dlg at t-online.de