Incorrect behaviour between samba and MS Visual C

Colin_Everett at fp.cibc.com Colin_Everett at fp.cibc.com
Wed Jun 10 12:05:02 GMT 1998

     Hi,

     We have a couple of developers who use MS Visual Studio 5.x. Their
     data lives on a sparc running samba 1.9.18p7. They are getting very
     frustrated with warning windows popping up within the tool telling
     them that the file they already have open has changed since they
     opened it, when we know it hasn't. For example, if they have a open
     file and then build it a window will pop up saying that the file has
     changed, when in fact it hasn't and nobody else has it open. We can
     only reproduce this behaviour using a samba share.

     Any ideas will be most appreciated

     -Colin Everett
     CIBC
     colin_everett at fp.cibc.com