Print queue problem under solaris 2.6

William Kearns MHLP-CSC kearns at hal.fmhi.usf.edu
Tue Jun 9 19:08:46 GMT 1998

Hi,
I saw your message on the SAMBA web site and thought you might have heard
of this problem and a possible solution.
I'm running Samba 1.9.17p5 on a SUN Ultra-1 and it appears that the
lprm command is being completely ignored by the system, which seems
to be inserting an lpstat -o command instead.

I did a level 5 debug and have been looking over the C code pretty closely
but can't see anything wrong.  Everything else works perfectly, and the
print jobs show up in the window on the Win95 clients just fine.
Unfortunately
nobody can purge their jobs, so we get a lot of calls to do it for them.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

smb_vwv[10]=76 (0x4C)
smb_vwv[11]=0 (0x0)
smb_vwv[12]=0 (0x0)
smb_vwv[13]=0 (0x0)
smb_bcc=26
switch message SMBtrans (pid 23999)
Skipping become_user - already user
trans <\PIPE\LANMAN> data=0 params=13 setup=0
Got API command 103 of form <z> <> (tdscnt=0,tpscnt=13,mdrcnt=0,mprcnt=4)
Doing WPrintQueuePurge
Running the command `/bin/lpstat -o csc8000 &' gave 0
Print queue purge, queue=CSC8000
size=59
smb_com=0x25
smb_rcls=0
smb_reh=0

Begin smb.conf file.

[global]
   printing = SYSV
   workgroup = FMHI_NTDOMAIN
   printcap name = /appl/local/samba/lib/smb.printcap
   load printers = yes
   status=yes
   security = user
   password level = 2
   lpq cache time = 2
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   create mode = 0754
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = no
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = no
   path = /tmp
   create mode = 0700
   print command = /usr/ucb/lpr -P%p /tmp/%s ; rm /tmp/%s &
   lpq command = /bin/lpstat -o %p &
   lprm command = /usr/bin/cancel %p-%j &

----- End Included Message -----