Cannot disconnect mapped drives

Marc Heckmann pfeif at comic.polymtl.ca
Fri Jun 5 23:59:04 GMT 1998

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Peter Molettiere wrote:

> Marc Heckman writes
> >Hi,
> >
> >	I'm having a small problem: all network drives mapped off a samba
> >server (1.9.18p7, Solaris-2.6) cannot be disconnected on the PC (win95 or
> >NT) without rebooting the PC, all other network drives ca be
> >disconnected. Any ideas? Samba's cred. is taking a serious blow because
> >of this over here right now, I'd really like to solve this problem.
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >	Marc
>

> It's working over here Marc. Can you provide more information about
> your setup?

Hi,

	I'm at home right now, so I don't have access to my smb.conf right
now, but I can tell you that my setup is quite standard (in terms of
smb.conf). I know it usually works fine, I've been using samba since
1.9.16p11 in various places (big networks) on various platforms with no
problems, this is the first time... Let's see, OS level=65, domain master
= yes, local master =yes, the clients are NOT in the same workgroup.. The
only peculiar thing is that the clients (win95 + NT) use Banyan Vines
logins. Thanks in advance.

	Marc