Default case settings.

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Thu Jun 4 17:45:12 GMT 1998

Hi all,

	After answering the question 'how do I make
Samba serve files with the same case-preserving-but-
case-insentive way as NT does' for the hundredth time,
I'd like to propose for the 1.9.19 Samba release (due
as alpha 'real soon now' (tm) :-) to change the defaults
for these parameters to :

  preserve case = yes
  short preserve case = yes
  case sensitive = no

I'm asking everyone as this will fundamentally change the
default Samba configuration on a new install.

Would anyone object to this change being done ?
Could it screw up someone's carefully hand crafted
smb.conf file ?

Please respond only if it's a 'No - do that and I'll
kill you' response :-). Silence gives assent and I'll
make the change.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison.
	Samba Team.