Help to configure SAMBA-1.9.18p2

Juan Edgar Núñez edgarn at geocities.com
Thu Jun 4 17:37:02 GMT 1998

Hello all !

I'm trying to test my samba server successfully installed in a SUN machine
running Solaris 2.51 but if I run testparm without any to specify the new
path where I placed the smb.conf, it returns an error because it is looking
for the file in the path by default /usr/local/samba/lib. The problem is
that already changed it in the Makefile before to build and install the
binaries.

In the same way, I get a similar error (because of the PATH) when I run
"smbclint -L myserver" to try to list the shares available on my server.

Is there any way to solve this litter problem, may be I'm missing to
configure some thing unspecified in the installation instructions
UNIX_INSTALL.txt file.

Any hint may be welcomed.

Edgar