problem with shares and passwords

Carlos Eduardo Selonke de Souza carlos at eps.ufsc.br
Mon Jun 1 17:29:15 GMT 1998

Hello

I am having problens with samba in FreeBSD 2.2.6
I read the DIAGNOSIS.txt and I am folowing the steps.
I will sumarize the problem

1. Making the bins
I edited the MakeFile and use this options for FreeBSD

FLAGSM = -DFreeBSD -DFAST_SHARE_MODES -DBSD44
LIBSM = -lcrypt

The bins compiled with no problems.

2.smb.conf

I am using just those lines in smb.conf

[tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp
   read only = yes

3.I made the registry update of my Nt4.0.
I tested it with other machine that runs samba. I use the " net use *
\\othermachine\share" and it worked ok. So I belive my NT4.0 is ok.

3.I run the testparm. It said that everything is OK

4.I run samba as daemon
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D
/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D

4.I run smbclient -L BIGSERVER
smclient gives this information for me
I changed my IP to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, hope you dont mind.

%./smbclient -L ciclope
Added interface ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx bcast=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
nmask=255.255.255.0
Server time is Mon Jun  1 14:36:43 1998
Timezone is UTC+0.0
Domain=[labsad] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 1.9.18p1]
security=share
SMBtconX failed. ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in a
Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)
Perhaps you are using the wrong sharename, username or password?
Some servers insist that these be in uppercase
%

That is my problem. SMBTconX failed.

I have alredy install samba in other FreeBSD and HP-UX both worked OK.

I hope anyone could help me.

Carlos Eduardo Selonke de Souza
Decision Support System Laboratory
UFSC-CTC-EPS