WIN-NT/Samba-Connect

Oliver Nittka nittka at esem.com
Thu Jul 30 10:23:18 GMT 1998

Dieter Wurm <dieter.wurm at de.origin-it.com> writes:

> supportet Unix-Drives; but for any reason the password for this
> connection
> is always needed (we did the registry for enableplaintextpassword);
nt refuses to remember non-encrypted paswords. switch to encrypted passwords
on the samba-side or make a batch file in the users autostart-group
saying

net use x: \\server\share passwd /persistent:no

make the file readable by the user only, there's his cleartext-password
inside. (not too nice, okay, but it works :-)

> Klaus-Dieter Wurm (dieter.wurm at de.origini-it.com)
hth,
  -- oly
Oliver Nittka              | nittka at esem.com
ESEM Gruenau GmbH & Co. KG | http://www.esem.com
Riedheimer Str.6           | phone: +49 7544 9583-25
88677 Markdorf / Germany   | fax:   +49 7544 9583-60