Problem with NT4 and passwords

oscar at ns1.worldtelphil.com oscar at ns1.worldtelphil.com
Thu Jul 30 15:01:10 GMT 1998

I have same problem a month ago and I found out that this problem
occurs to those who upgraded to Service Pack 3 ( NT 4.0 ).  as far as
I know, this Service Pack encrypts password making it not match with
the Linux stored password.

The problem is in NT 4.0.  The solution is like what I wrote two days
ago, There is something to be modify in the NT registry.

Steps:

1) Run the regedt32 in Run command window or in Nt explorer or in
MSDOS prompt.
2) Choose HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE as working tab.
3) Double Click System, then CurrentControlSet, then Services, then
Rdr and then Parameters.
4) Now that you already higlighted the Parameters , click the Edit
menu and choose Add Value.
5) An Add Value window will appear.  At the Text field, type
EnablePlainTextPassword.  At the Data Type dialog box, choose
REG_DWORD.  Click OK and it will ask for value, input 1 as value.
6) Click Exit at the File menu.
7) Restart.

Does it solve your problem? Write me back.