Strange problem with icons!

Michael Anthon anthonm at tams.com.au
Thu Jul 30 04:39:42 GMT 1998

Yes, that's correct (and so does 95/98), but they are administrative
shares, and only users with admin permission may access them, which is
fine.  The problem I was having was that the shares people were creating
gave global r/w access.  And yes, it WAS the shortcut problem that was
giving me such grief.  I couldn't get the shortcut.exe program to do
it's stuff (can't remember if I tried running it in the same directory
as the file).  This still would not totally remove this issue since you
would need to run shortcut.exe every time someone creates a new shortcut
and would need to be run on every workstation as well as all the profile
storage areas on the server.

By not allowing global r/w access to C drive on all machines, this
problem is completely removed since the UNC path in the shortcut is not
accessible and it reverts to using the local path.

Regards
Michael Anthon

TAMS Systems