problems with samba 1.9.18p8

Sally L Goldberg goldberg at saintmarys.edu
Tue Jul 28 13:32:33 GMT 1998

I recently installed samba 1.9.18p8.  Since then, we get the following
error:

"No domain server was available to validate your password.  You may not be
able to gain access to some network resources."

after the server has been running for >48 hours.  If I stop and restart the
server, everything is ok again.  Our samba server is a Sun Ultra 2170
running Solaris 2.5.1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sally