Anybody want EBCDIC Support for Samba 1.9.18?

A.G. Russell IV arussell at bifrost.hos.net
Sun Jul 26 16:13:34 GMT 1998

I for one would like to offer my support of the intergration.
While I have only worked on 3 or 4 flavors of UNIX for Mainframes,
this should be a very low maintance portion of the code, and
will provide a great deal of service when needed.

A.G.

David J. Fiander wrote...
> We've ported samba 1.9.18p1 to OS/390 Unix (nee MVS), and it
> seems to be very much in demand among the mainframe folks.  We'd
> like to integrate our changes back into the mainline development
> stream.  Our changes consist entirely of patches to ensure that
> the code works on an EBCDIC system, as well as a new facility
> that allows for ASCII/EBCDIC data conversion on the fly for files
> identified as "text" so that data can be shared between clients
> and people that log directly onto the server.
>
> Any takers?
>
> - David

A.G. Russell IV  KC5KFD        High Order Software        e-mail:   ag4 at hos.net
Phone 512-834-1145
          These are my views, on anyone else they would look silly.
       When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed by tomorrow...
                          United States Marines Corp