Print asking for password? Doesn't work.

Carlos Vidal carlos at tarkus.se
Sat Jul 25 16:48:17 GMT 1998

Dan Kirkpatrick <dkirk at suhep.phy.syr.edu> said:
> I've setup samba and can connect to a share with a password, but when
> I try to print, it prompts for a password... my unix password doesn't
> work.

On the Windows side, which passwords have you assigned to each share? For your
description it seems that you use the "password per share" security policy,
this means that it share on the windows side may have a different password.
Check that your printer has your unix password or use the correct password
with smbclient.

Carlos Vidal
carlos at tarkus.se