Anybody want EBCDIC Support for Samba 1.9.18?

David J. Fiander davidf at mks.com
Fri Jul 24 15:50:39 GMT 1998

We've ported samba 1.9.18p1 to OS/390 Unix (nee MVS), and it
seems to be very much in demand among the mainframe folks.  We'd
like to integrate our changes back into the mainline development
stream.  Our changes consist entirely of patches to ensure that
the code works on an EBCDIC system, as well as a new facility
that allows for ASCII/EBCDIC data conversion on the fly for files
identified as "text" so that data can be shared between clients
and people that log directly onto the server.

Any takers?

- David

--
David J. Fiander          |
Mortice Kern Systems Inc. | The letter "I" is a registered trademark