Print asking for password? Doesn't work.

Dan Kirkpatrick dkirk at suhep.phy.syr.edu
Fri Jul 24 14:52:26 GMT 1998

I've setup samba and can connect to a share with a password,
but when I try to print, it prompts for a password... my unix password
doesn't work.

Any ideas? (BTW- this is running on DEC unix OSF/1 4.0b

Here's my smb.conf:
=====================================
> [...]

># Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).
>   max log size = 50
>
># Security mode. Most people will want user level security. See
># security_level.txt for details.
>   security = user
># Use password server option only with security = server
>;   password server = <NT-Server-Name>
>
># Password Level allows matching of _n_ characters of the password for
># all combinations of upper and lower case.
>;  password level = 8
>
># You may wish to use password encryption. Please read
># ENCRYPTION.txt, Win95.txt and WinNT.txt in the Samba documentation.
># Do not enable this option unless you have read those documents
>;  encrypt passwords = yes
>
># Unix users can map to different SMB User names
>;  username map = /etc/smbusers
>
># Using the following line enables you to customise your configuration
># on a per machine basis. The %m gets replaced with the netbios name
># of the machine that is connecting
>;   include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%m
>
># Most people will find that this option gives better performance.
># See speed.txt and the manual pages for details
>   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
>
># Configure Samba to use multiple interfaces
># If you have multiple network interfaces then you must list them
># here. See the man page for details.
>;   interfaces = 192.168.12.2/24 192.168.13.2/24
>
># Configure remote browse list synchronisation here
>#  request announcement to, or browse list sync from:
>#       a specific host or from / to a whole subnet (see below)
>;   remote browse sync = 192.168.3.25 192.168.5.255
># Cause this host to announce itself to local subnets here
>;   remote announce = 192.168.1.255 192.168.2.44

># Browser Control Options:
># set local master to no if you don't want Samba to become a master
># browser on your network. Otherwise the normal election rules apply
>;   local master = no
>
># OS Level determines the precedence of this server in master browser
># elections. The default value should be reasonable
>;   os level = 33
>
># Domain Master specifies Samba to be the Domain Master Browser. This
># allows Samba to collate browse lists between subnets. Don't use this
># if you already have a Windows NT domain controller doing this job
>;   domain master = yes
>
># Preferred Master causes Samba to force a local browser election on startup
># and gives it a slightly higher chance of winning the election
>;   preferred master = yes
>
># Enable this if you want Samba to be a domain logon server for
># Windows95 workstations.
>;   domain logons = yes
>
># Windows Internet Name Serving Support Section:
># WINS Support - Tells the NMBD component of Samba to enable it's WINS Server
>;   wins support = yes
>
># WINS Server - Tells the NMBD components of Samba to be a WINS Client

>#       Note: Samba can be either a WINS Server, or a WINS Client, but
NOT both

Dan Kirkpatrick                        dkirk at phy.syr.edu
Systems Administrator/Manager
Department of Physics