NetNeighbourhood still won't see Samba

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jul 23 15:44:57 GMT 1998

Newest release of Samba on HPUX.

There are a number of NT4 workstations on various subnets The system works
fine except for one NT box on one specific subnet.

If you explicitly 'Find' the Samba box from the NT station, it's there.
You can maps its shares to local drives. I just can't get it to show up in
the NT box's NetNeighbourhood.

I've enabled the WINS support and pointed the NT box to Samba as a WINS
server. I've configured the Samba box to be the master domain server, and
the log file from nmbd indicates it succeeds at this.

But no matter how I've tried, I just can't get the NT system to see the
Samba system without explicitly mapping a drive.

Any suggestions?