Compiling Samba on Sun Solaris 2.5.1

Christophe Dupre cdupre at risq.qc.ca
Mon Jul 20 19:37:26 GMT 1998

> I just downloaded samba-1.9.18p8 and tried to compile it on Sun Solaris
> 2.5.1. I found out from the note in Makefile that  I can not use the cc
> compiler coming from Solaris. It requires gcc, but I do not have gcc on
> my system. Spent about an hour on the Internet, but did not find
> suitable gcc for Sun Solaris.
>
> Can anyone who has compiled samba on Sun Solaris share your experience?
> Where can I find gcc for Sun Solaris?

I have compiled Samba on Solaris numerous time. I beleive you can find a package of GCC for Solaris on SunSites:
		http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/solaris/sparc/

You may also find a binary package of Samba where you found the source distribution.
--

Christophe Dupre
Analyste de systemes,

"Nous ne sommes pas libres de ne pas etre libres, nous sommes obliges de
l'etre"  -  Fernando Savater

#include <disclaimer.h>