Can I specify a different username under Win95???

Jonathan Benson tech at phoenixmags.com.au
Mon Jul 20 04:12:02 GMT 1998

Take a look at your /etc/smbusers file.

I think this is what it's for.  Sorry I can't be more positive, but it's been
a long time since I set up Samba and since it's running smoothly I've had no
reason to fiddle.  :)

I've added:
jbenson = "Jonathan Benson" tech1

jbenson is my Linux log in,  "Jonathan Benson" is my username under Win95 and
tech1 is my machine name under 95.

Regards,
               Jonathan