smbd/nmbd clashing with ArcServe

Chris Knox cknox at citadel.hypercom.com
Sat Jul 18 00:32:52 GMT 1998

Has anyone noticed a clash between Samba and ArcServe?  When the samba
daemons are running our ArcServe backup fails.  And, when they are
running, you can't connect from the ArcServ server.  The problem goes
away as soon as you kill the daemons.

The ArcServer server is a Novell system which is a stopgap until
we get a better backup solution in place.  ArcServe version is
6.1g.  CA customer service shows how badly they want my business
by saying "Yup, it's incompatible with Samba."  I can hardly wait
to can that thing.

--
Chris Knox                                               cknox at hypercom.com
Hypercom, Inc.                                               (602) 504-5888