connection problem

MIS Dept mis.venchurs at tc3net.com
Fri Jul 17 21:05:21 GMT 1998

I have two identical AIX v4.2 machines.  One of them was vendor installed,
and I installed the OS on the other one.

I am successfully running Samba-1.9.18p4 on the vendor installed OS, but I
cannot seem to get any Win95 clients to browse on my other machine
(Explorer hangs on the Win95 client).

I have performed all of the tests in DIAGNOSIS.txt.  All of the tests work
except for number 7.  I can connect to shares (unix to unix) by supplying
the correct password, but the smbclient hangs when I try to get a file or
dir listing.  I cannot connect to shares from Win to Unix at all (no
password prompt, nothing!).

I reduced the smb.conf file to the simplest share/security that I could and
'testparm' didn't report any errors.

Finally, I added a debug level of 5, but It didn't show me any problems
(that I could immediately see).

Do you have any good starting points?

Mark Southward
Venchurs Packaging