Yet Another Samba question

Jamey Strauch james.strauch at beasys.com
Fri Jul 17 02:22:12 GMT 1998

Hello Samba Guru's
Your last solution was so successfull I though I would try one more
question to throw at you. I am currently running samba-1.9.18p7 on a
Solaris 2.6 Ultra Enterprise 450.
I have the default service to be homes which loads auto_home map from a
Solaris server. Logon works great from Windows95 and WindowsNT Workstation
clients. But when I attempt to login to the samba share from an NT Server
(4.0). It gives me the following error:

\\san-diego\jamey Not Accessible.
This account is not authorized to connect from this station.

Now there are a couple of differences between the 95/NT Workstations and
the server. The server connects to a domain, while the workstations connect
to the workgroup specified in the smb.conf (see below). But both the NT
workstation and server have had the Plain-Text Password registry entry
added to their systems.

So how can I establish connections to the home shares from these NT servers?

Thanks in advance.

Jamey Strauch
Senior Systems Administrator
BEA Systems - MIS Team

[global]
;security = user
	security = share
	password level = 2
	workgroup = BEACORP
	guest account = samba
;	encrypt passwords = no
	homedir map = auto_home
	guest ok = yes
	os level = 65
	browseable = yes
	config file = /usr/local/samba/smb.conf
	status = yes
	log level = 2
	log file = /usr/local/samba/log.smb
	getwd cache = yes
	read prediction = yes
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY

	share modes = yes
	locking = yes
	strict locking = yes
	keepalive = 30
	dead time = 15
	lock directory = /var/spool/locks
	printing = sysv bsd
	;printcap name = /usr/local/samba/lib/printcap
	printcap name = lpstat
	lpq cache time = 0

	;domain master = yes
	domain logons = yes