Encryption options/password file?

Dan Kirkpatrick dkirk at suhep.phy.syr.edu
Thu Jul 16 20:18:39 GMT 1998

I'm trying to compile Samba 1.9.18p8 for Dec Unix OSF/1 4.0b

>Using CFLAGS = -O -DSMBLOGFILE="/usr/local/samba/var/log.smb"
-DNMBLOGFILE="/usr/local/samba/var/log.nmb" -DCONFIGFILE="/usr/local/samb
>a/lib/smb.conf" -DLMHOSTSFILE="/usr/local/samba/lib/lmhosts"
-DWEB_ROOT="/usr/local/samba" -DLOCKDIR="/usr/local/samba/var/locks" -DSMB
>RUN="/usr/local/samba/bin/smbrun"
-DCODEPAGEDIR="/usr/local/samba/lib/codepages" -DWORKGROUP="PHYSICS"
-DGUEST_ACCOUNT="nobody" -DDRIVE
>RFILE="/usr/local/samba/lib/printers.def" -DOSF1 -DFAST_SHARE_MODES
-DNETGROUP         -DSMB_PASSWD="/usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd" -D
>SMB_PASSWD_FILE="/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd"
>Using LIBS =

How do I get it to use my NIS password file instead of
/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd??
I'm assuming this is saying to use a SEPARATE database?!

also:
How can I find out more information on the following (what they are, do I
have them, how to use them)
#   -DGETPWANAM if you wish to use getpwanam() call
#   -DPWDAUTH if you have and want to use the pwdauth() call
#   -DUFC_CRYPT if you want the fast crypt routine
#   -DQUOTAS for quota support in disk_free(). This probably only works
#            on some systems.
#   -DFAST_SHARE_MODES if you want the fast shared memory instead of the
#                      slow description files for share mode locking. This
#                      requires the mmap() and fcntl() system calls.

I'd like to include some type of password encryption if possible, although
I had to turn off C2 security to make our NIS work nice with both DEC OSF/1
Unix and Linux.

Thanks!
Dan

Dan Kirkpatrick                        dkirk at phy.syr.edu