[SUMMARY] Re: New installation (samba passwords)

Chris Knox cknox at citadel.hypercom.com
Wed Jul 15 16:42:17 GMT 1998

I had just sent this whine out when I discovered the ENCRYPTION.txt file
in the docs directory.  Thanks to Bill Knox (no relation that I know of)
for confirming what I had begun to suspect when I finally RTFM.

My samba installation is now working like a champ.

I'm now wondering about an enhancement to smbpasswd that will allow
UNIX-like password expiration and forced changes.  And of course, now we
need samba-crack....  Meanwhile, it's looking great!  This is going to
save us a lot of hassles!

Chris

According to cknox: