About Password Expiries

Tony N tonynich at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 15 00:46:28 GMT 1998

Our network includes about 60 Windows 95 clients and a SCO based UNIX
box running SAMBA. We use SAMBA for password authentication as well as
some shared drives.

Does anybody have any suggestions as how to set expiry times on
passwords and have the user promped for a new password at logon?
Certainly the UNIX operating system does it, but this is not
automatically carried through to the Microsoft client. Not all of the
users on the network actually log into UNIX. One method would seem to be
to use a Windows NT box for authentication. However I've found hints in
the documentation that their may be some tricky ways to have SAMBA do
it, after a fashion.

Any ideas? Help?

Tony Nichols
tonynich at hotmail.com